Our process began with public visioning sessions, a community tour, a steering committee meeting, and key stakeholder interviews.
During the visioning sessions, we ask two basics questions around six categories; what’s unique and what’s missing? Hands down the #1 concern across sessions and all meetings was the lack of local food/drink options. A close second was an overall lack of amenities/things to do.
Key themes for further focus included:
- Strong desire for more local Food / Restaurants, Brewery / Tap Room options
- Downtown Amenities, Art, and Entertainment
- Social spaces for people of all ages
- Housing options for various needs/incomes
- Defined local identity / Increase shared sense of unity
- Recreation and Connectivity
- Public Art / Beautification
- Childcare / Youth Programming
- Workforce or Business Incubator
Our team took the visioning session results, stakeholder/building owner interviews, Steering Committee feedback, and paired them with our own research to develop the most impactful projects for Cassopolis to continue the momentum from Imagine Cass.